- Duration: 3 hours
- Starts next to the Dragon Fountain on the Town Hall Square (Rådhuspladsen)
- Most popular starting times available online. Other times available for Personalised Private Tours
- Mobile and printed voucher accepted
- Live guide
- Full refund for cancellations with more than 72 hours notice
- Invoice available after tour date
- Maximum capacity: 30 people per tour guide. Larger groups can book two private tours online or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further quotations
- If you are travelling with children please let us know and we can adapt the tour to their needs
We can adapt the tour for you, even when booking online! You will be asked some questions during the checkout process to help us better tailor the tour to the needs of your group.
This three hour tour is a more in-depth version of our Appetiser Tour. During this wonderful three hour route, you’ll see the city as it was meant to be seen: by walking through 6000 years of Copenhagen’s history. You’ll find out why the Danes are some of the happiest people in the world!
For hundreds of years the Danes were an unstoppable force of warriors, explorers and settlers – uniting Scandinavia, discovering America and bringing terror to the shores of Europe. Today Copenhagen’s history of fire and bloody battles lies hidden behind picturesque streets and colorful harbors.
As the days of conquest passed, Danish power was replaced with a rich cultural legacy of writers, artists and philosophers. The fairytale feel of the city where Hans Christian Andersen wrote is the home of incredible stories and unbelievably true histories: Viking adventurers; pirate-hunting Bishop Absalon; daring Danish WWII resistance fighters and more.
We have include a short break for your to take quick coffee or a cup of tea but should you rather skip it you may, as we said before… on a Private Tour, you are the boss!
Our recommendation: Highly recommended to join during your first day in the city!
Is your prefered starting time or date not available online? Do you have something more specific in mind? Do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com or check our most popular Personalised Private City Tours here.
Frequent Asked Questions:
- I am travelling alone; can I book a Private Tour?
- Is there a maximum capacity?
Yes, for us to guaranty the quality of the tour, each tour guide can take a maximum of 30 people. Larger groups can book two private tours online or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further quotations.
- Start point
This tour covers:
- Copenhagen Town Hall
- Tivoli Gardens
- Danish Royal Palace
- The Marble Church
- Picturesque Nyhavn harbour
- Hans Christian Andersen
- Absalon - the warrior bishop
- Nazi occupation
- WWII resistance
- Strøget shopping mile
- The Lur Blowers
- Nytorv and Gammeltorv
- Kongens Nytorv
- Danish Parliament
- The Royal Danish Theater
- Copenhagen Opera House
- The tour usually ends outside Royal Palace Amalienborg