- Duration: 2 hours
- Starts outside the Jaume I Metro Exit at the square Plaça de l’Àngel in front of Hotel Suizo
- Tour ends outside Santa María del Mar
- Most popular starting times available online. Other times available for Personalised Private Tours
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Live Guide
- Full refund for cancellations with more than 72 hours notice
- Invoice available after tour date
- Maximum capacity: 30 people per tour guide. Larger groups can book two private tours online or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further quotations.
- If you are travelling with children please let us know and we can adapt the tour to your needs
We can adapt the tour for you, even when booking online! You will be asked some questions during the checkout process to help us better tailor the tour to the needs of your group.
During this two hours condensed route, you’ll travel from Hercules, the legendary founder of the city, to Christopher Columbus; from Wilfred the Hairy, a heroic Catalan knight, to Pablo Picasso; Barcelona’s history is full of great adventurers, merchants, artists and warriors. The city has been shaped by many of the great seafaring civilizations of the Mediterranean. The sense of commerce, creativity and reaching for the horizon is what makes Barcelona such a unique place. Despite two millennia of proud history, for Barcelona the past is not enough. This is a city that is constantly reinventing itself to embrace the future.
Our recommendation: Highly recommended to join during your first day in the city!
Is your prefered starting time or date not available online? Do you have something more specific in mind? Do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com or check our most popular Personalised Private City Tours here.
Frequent Asked Questions:
- I am travelling alone; can I book a Private Tour?
- Is there a maximum capacity?
Yes, for us to guaranty the quality of the tour, each tour guide can take a maximum of 30 people. Larger groups can book two private tours online or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further quotations.
- Start point
- Plaça de l'Àngel
This tour covers:
- Plaça del Angel
- Barcelona Cathedral
- The Gothic Quarter
- King Martin’s Watchtower
- The Generalitat
- The Council of One Hundred
- Roman Necropolis
- Catalan national identity
- Plaça Nova
- Santa María del Pi
- Catalan legends & heroes
- Picasso in Barcelona
- Spanish Civil War
- Roman ruins
- Tour ends at Santa María del Mar