- Duration: 3 hours
- Starts by the Column at Marienplatz
- Tour ends close to Marienplatz
- Most popular starting times available online. Other times available for Personalised Private Tours
- Mobile voucher accepted
- Printed voucher accepted
- Live guide
- Full refund for cancellations with more than 72 hours notice
- Invoice available after tour date
- Maximum capacity: 30 people per tour guide. Larger groups can book two private tours online or contact us at email@example.com for further quotations
- If you are travelling with children please let us know and we can adapt the tour to your needs
We can adapt the tour for you, even when booking online! You will be asked some questions during the checkout process to help us better tailor the tour to the needs of your group.
This three-hour tour is a more in-depth version of our Appetiser City Tour. During this wonderful three hour route, you will see top landmarks and discover the stories behind great sights such as the Glockenspiel, the Hofbräuhaus, (the world's most famous beer hall), the Frauenkirche. You'll learn the real origins of Oktoberfest and the history of beer gardens.
We begin the tour on Marienplatz (Mary’s square) and watch the most famous Glockenspiel in the world. We then head through the medieval heart of Munich admiring the simple beauty of the Frauenkirche whose twin towers dominate the city's skyline before hearing tales of the Bavarian royal family, the turbulent 20th century and the early days of the Nazi Party. Of course no visit would be complete without discussing why beer matters so much to Bavarians and why it tastes so good - there's even time to see the world's most famous beer hall.
We have include a short break at Am Platzl for your to take quick quick refreshment or maybe try local pastry or a typical Schnitzelsemmel. If you feel up to it, you can also get a beer or a warming Glühwein during the winter months to enjoy while discovering the city. Should you rather have a tour without a break we can skip this, as we said before… on a Private Tour, you are the boss!
Our recommendation: Highly recommended to join during your first day in the city! You'll discover a vibrant, historic city centre that combines modernity and proud traditions with one of the highest qualities of life in Europe.
Is your prefered starting time or date not available online? Do you have something more specific in mind? Do not hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or check our most popular bespoke Private City Tours here.
Frequent Asked Questions:
- I am travelling alone; can I book a Private Tour?
- Is there a maximum capacity?
Yes, for us to guaranty the quality of the tour, each tour guide can take a maximum of 30 people. Larger groups can book two private tours online or contact us at email@example.com for further quotations.
- Start point
This tour covers:
- The Feldherrnhalle
- Kristallnacht (Night of the Broken Glass)
- Frauenkirche (Church of our Lady)
- The National Theater & Opera House
- Origins of Oktoberfest
- Hitler's Beer Hall Putsch
- The Hofbräuhaus
- Mary's Column
- The Royal Residence
- Church of St. Peter
- The Glockenspiel
- Marienplatz (Mary's Square)