- Duration: 2 hours
- Starts in front of the Tourist Information in Plaza Mayor
- Most popular starting times available online. Other times available for Personalised Private Tours
- Mobile voucher accepted
- Printed voucher accepted
- Live guide
- Full refund for cancellations with more than 72 hours notice
- Invoice available after tour date
- Maximum capacity: 30 people per tour guide. Larger groups can book two private tours online or contact us at email@example.com for further quotations
- If you are travelling with children please let us know and we can adapt the tour to your needs
We can adapt the tour for you, even when booking online! You will be asked some questions during the checkout process to help us better tailor the tour to the needs of your group.
Directly east of the ancient heart of Madrid lies the fantastic 'literary neighbourhood' the Barrio de las Letras where some of the greatest writers, poets and playwrights in history made their home.
Away from the narrow, twisted medieval streets of the center, you'll find the other side of the city. The Madrid of the Bourbon dynasty: the grandest streets and stunning ensembles of early 20th century architecture from Art Deco to Neo-Mudéjar. Calle de Alcalá and the Paseo del Prado, where you'll find the famous institutions that make Madrid one of the most majestic cities in the world. Madrid's most iconic buildings form an incredible skyline of bold designs, vibrant colors and monumental grandeur. The phenomenal Golden Triangle of Art combines three of the world’s best collections of Old Masters, Early Modern and Contemporary Art.
Our recommendation: During the Appetiser or General City Tour, you will discover the Habsburg Dynasty legacy in Madrid and while on the Majestic Private Tour, you will trace the legacy of the Bourbon Dynasty. If your agenda allows it, we would highly recommend you to start first with the Appetiser or General City Tour and continue (either on the same day or the following day) with this Majestic City Tour. Madrid is just waiting to be explored!
Is your prefered starting time or date not available online? Do you have something more specific in mind? Do not hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or check our most popular Personalised Private City Tours here.
Frequent Asked Questions:
- I am travelling alone; can I book a Private Tour?
- Is there a maximum capacity?
Yes, for us to guaranty the quality of the tour, each tour guide can take a maximum of 30 people. Larger groups can book two private tours online or contact us at email@example.com for further quotations.
- Start point
- Plaza Mayor
- Plaza Mayor
This tour covers:
- Santa Cruz Palace
- Barrio de las Letras
- Plaza Santa Ana
- Teatro Español
- Spanish writers' houses: Cervantes, Lope de Vega, Góngora
- Life and death of Federico García Lorca
- The Congress of Deputies
- The Golden Triangle of Art: the Prado Museum, the Thyssen Museum, the Reina Sofía Museum
- Paseo del Prado
- The Neptune Fountain
- The Cibeles Fountain and Palace
- Gran Vía
- The Metrópolis Building
- Retiro Park