- Duration: 3 hours
- Starts in front of the Tourist Information in Plaza Mayor
- Most popular starting times available online. Other times available for Personalised Private Tours
- Mobile voucher accepted
- Printed voucher accepted
- Live guide
- Full refund for cancellations with more than 72 hours notice
- Invoice available after tour date
- Maximun capacity: 30 people per tour guide. Larger groups, can book two Private Tours online or contact us at email@example.com for further quotations
- Let us know during checkout if travelling with kids, we can adapt the tour to their needs
- School Educational Pack available. Let us know during the checkout process if you are a school group, our agent will contact you once the tour is booked
We can adapt the tour for you, even when booking online! You will be asked some questions during the checkout process to help us better tailor the tour to the needs of your group.
This three-hour tour is a more in-depth version of our Appetiser Tour. During this wonderful three hour route, your Private Tour guide will take you on a trip from the dusty outpost on the edge of the enlightened Moorish kingdom to the glorious capital of the world’s biggest empire, from the birthplace of Don Quixote to the dark heart of the Spanish Inquisition. Madrid has seen its highs and lows, from anarchist assassins, dictators and despots, painters and poets - the passion that runs through Spanish blood burns with genius and madness.
We have include some time for a short break for you to have a quick coffee, tea or even a "caña" but if you prefer to skip this we can carry on straight through, as we said before… on a Private Tour, you are the boss!
Our recommendation: Highly recommended to join during your first day in the city!
Is your prefered starting time or date not available online? Do you have something more specific in mind? Do not hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or check our most popular Personalised Private City Tours here.
Frequent Asked Questions:
- I am travelling alone; can I book a Private Tour?
- Is there a maximum capacity?
Yes, for us to guaranty the quality of the tour, each tour guide can take a maximum of 30 people. Larger groups, can book two Private Tours online or contact us at email@example.com for further quotations.
- Start point
- Plaza Mayor
- Plaza Mayor
This tour covers:
- Plaza Mayor
- Alfonso XIII’s anarchist attack
- World’s oldest restaurant
- The Spanish Empire
- The Spanish Inquisition
- The origins of tapas
- Catedral de Almudena
- Plaza de Puerta Cerrada
- Spanish Civil War
- Madrid’s Robin Hood
- Segovia’s Viaduct
- San Miguel’s Market
- Oriente Square
- Moorish Ruins
- Plaza de la Villa
- Teatro Real (Royal Opera House)
- Royal Palace
- Tour usually ends outside Royal Palace