- Duration: 2 hours
- Start in front of the IAmsterdam Visitor Centre, Stationsplein 10
- Most popular starting times available online. Other times available for bespoke Private Tours
- Mobile voucher accepted
- Printed voucher accepted
- Live guide
- Full refund for cancellations with more than 72 hours notice
- Invoice available after tour date
- Maximum capacity: 25 people per tour guide. Larger groups can book two private tours online or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further quotations
- If you are travelling with children please let us know and we can adapt the tour to your needs
- Please note that with the new regulation by the City of Amsterdam, groups visiting the Red Light District can be no larger than 20 people. If you are a group with 20 people or more and wish to include the visit to this area please contact us and we will book a second guide for you!
We can adapt the tour for you, even when booking online! You will be asked some questions during the checkout process to help us better tailor the tour to the needs of your group.
During this two-hour tour, you will get an overview of the history of Amsterdam; from starting as a muddy village on the River Amstel to becoming the most important trading city in Europe. Learn about the wild history of prostitution and drug decriminalization, to the tragedy of Anne Frank’s story and Nazi occupation, you will experience the perfect introduction to this city.
Our recommendation: Highly recommended to join during your first day in the city!
What do you want to do after the tour? Keep discovering the city after your tour on a 1h boat cruise or grab some skip-the-line tickets to Van Gogh Museum. Your guide will hand you the tickets and help you allocate the attractions.
Is your prefered starting time or date not available online? Do you have something more specific in mind? Do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com or check our most popular bespoke Private City Tours here.
Frequent Asked Questions:
- I am travelling alone; can I book a Private Tour?
- Is there a maximum capacity?
Yes, for us to guaranty the quality of the tour, each tour guide can take a maximum of 25 people. Larger groups can book two private tours online or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further quotations.
- Start point
- IAmsterdam Visitor Centre, Stationsplein 10
- IAmsterdam Visitor Centre
This tour covers:
- The Jewish Quarter
- Royal Palace
- The Jordaan District
- Anne Frank House
- The Begijnhof Convent
- The Widest Bridge
- Narrowest House